Thursday, October 12, 2006

Prayer Request

Please pray for my grandmother. She is my Mom's mom. Many of you know her as Bema or the taller of my two grandmothers. Last night, she suffered a stroke and will be in the hospital for a few days as they evaluate what is happening and what needs to be done. This was not your normal stroke. It was caused by an irregular heartbeat that caused the blood to clot and some of that clot broke off and went into her brain.

This is why her motor skills are fine, but her speech is not making sense. She mumbles a lot and she does not use complete thoughts. She is 94 and God has blessed her with a long life so please pray that his will would be done. Pray for my Mom and she has some important decisions to make depending on how my grandma responds. Bema could need 24 hour care or be put in a home. Pray that God will give wisdom and help us to be a light to others.

If you could also pray that God will use this to save my brother that would be great. I know God has already used it in my life to make me rethink my priorities. It is very nice to know that God is sovereign and that we as his followers can pray for and comfort one another. Thanks guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

howdy, yeah, I heard the good news! (its the 14th now) She is fine! i will continue to pray for her. and J-crew!! link me up! i linked u up! go to my other page- www.bobsprofile.blogspot.com- and u r in the list of interesting sites!!! and go to www.thecarrillo.blogspot.com for more serious thoughts i post and stuff...