Friday, June 15, 2007

Adventures of the Boyds-Chapter 22

I'm sure none of you have cars that break down on the side of the road. Mine however does with some frequency. Normally this happens in the heat of the day -- never below 100 degrees. What complicates things is there are usually half a dozen "hungry, tired, hot, thirsty, bored" kids in the car with me. Yesterday this happened at the intersection of Farmers Lane and Highway 12.

i did see quite a few of my friends driving by, waving cheerfully, not realizing the car wasn't just waiting to turn, it was parked :) in the middle of the road :)

So it worked out, turns out our gas gauge was off or out or stuck or whatever the technical way to say it is. We were out of gas, so it was an easy fix.

4 comments:

Ando said...

I think you should write a book. Doesn't everyone with 5+ kids write a book these days? There have got to be a million stories worth selling about raising 6 boys. You should look into this. I'll ghost write it for you if you want.

Anonymous said...

Oh Robin, I am sorry...that must have been quite an experience. How did you find out that you were just out of gas? Did you all have to push to that Valero on the corner? I hope not!

Stephanie said...

I am glad that you were at least moving and had Matt's help by the time I came by :):) I wish I had been there to help sooner - - - -

Sarah Kuhner said...

That must have been so frustrating. At least there were lots of friends to wave and smile even if they didn't stop to help. Maybe you need a big sign saying, " Car trouble- 6 kids -need help NOW!!" Just an idea.